Bold what you've done.
Optional - italicise what's on the "to-do" list.
Optional - tell the story
1. Heard a kookaburra in person - In SW Australia the kookaburra is an introduced species that has settled in quite comfortably on a diet of snakes, lizards, nestlings and sausages stolen directly from BBQ plates.
2. Slept under the stars - in a tent yes, but I could see the stars. And I now have a swag so I'll do this properly soon.
3. Seen a koala. - Alas, not in the wild yet. I look really hard whenever I'm in the Adelaide hills but have yet to spot one.
4. Visited Melbourne
5. Watched a summer thunderstorm - Some spectacular ones up in Broome, and quite a few doozies in Perth too.
6. Worn a pair of thongs - Over 15 pairs in my lifetime probably.
7. Been to Uluru (Ayer's Rock)
8. Visited Cape York
9. Held a snake - various species.
10. Sang along with Khe San - both on the radio and at karaoke (on the stage)
11. Drank VB - No doubt I have done so at some point, but I've hated beer since I turned 8.
12. Visited Sydney
13. Have seen a shark
14. Have used Aussie slang naturally in a conversation
15. Had an actual conversation with an indigenous Australian (aboriginal) - One of the most memorable was with a guy in Broome who sat next to me while I was eating fish and chips for dinner. He had the requisite goonbag which he'd take a swig from and was largely incoherent. But I remember he sang for a bit and I thought to myself, If only you'd use that voice of yours, you wouldn't be stuck drinking from a goonbag and sleeping on the streets. It was kinda sad.
16. Eaten hot chips from the bag at the beach
17. Walked/climbed over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
18. Used an outside dunny, and checked under the seat before sitting down
19. Seen Chloe in Young & Jackson's - This one doesn't even make sense to me.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus - A bus. Multiple times.
21. Been to Sydney's Mardi Gras
22. Have gone bush-bashing nope - Why is it you always seem to bush bash in the most prickly plants?
23. Taken a sickie - But only because I had other stuff I REALLY needed to do that day.
24. Been to see a game of Aussie Rules football
25. Have seen wild camels - I did look hard when I was on the Nullabor. Note - the camel is an introduced species, but there are none left in the wild in their native Arabia.
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Had a Tim Tam Slam
28. Ridden in a tram in Melbourne
29. Been at an ANZAC day Dawn Service - I remember one of the scouts who had been on vigil all night just passed out.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Held a wombat - Heavy, stinky buggers.
32. Been on a roadtrip of 800km or more - 800km is less than a day's driving on a road trip.
33. Seen the Great Australian Bight in person
34. Had a really bad sunburn - Not as bad as some I've seen though.
35. Visited an aboriginal community
36. Seen a redback spider - Heck, I almost had one on me (from the mailbox) and had one spin a web behind my car seat!
37. Have watched Paul Hogan - Just last week actually I saw Crocodile Dundee for the first time. It was good apart from his wonton killing of reptiles.
38. Seen Blue Poles in person
39. Wandered barefoot in the bush/outback - Not on yer nelly. It's way too hot and spiky to wear anything but leather boots.
40. Eaten Vegemite
41. Thrown a boomerang - It didn't come back
42. Seen the Kimberley - I've LIVED there. I've only seen a small part (in the south), but plan to see a lot more in the future.
43. Given a hitch-hiker a lift
44. Been to Perth - I was born and live here.
45. Have tried Lemon, Lime and Bitters - I made 3 glasses of the stuff yesterday.
46. Tried playing a didgeridoo - Failed.
47. Seen dinosaur footprints - Multiple sets in Broome.
48. Eaten Tim Tams
49. Been to Darwin
50. Touched a kangaroo - If you count all macropods - I've yanked one out of a trap by the tail and transferred it to a hessian sack.
51. Visted the Great Barrier Reef
52. Listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson - Not keen on his crude humour though. I prefer the thoroughly offensive humour of the Doug Anthony All Stars.
53. Killed a Cane Toad
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre - Did so just this year.
55. Have read and own books by Australian authors
56. Visited Adelaide - It's become an annual event seeing as Matt's family is from there.
57. Know the story behind "Eternity"
58. Been camping
59. Visited Brisbane
60. Been in an outback pub
61. Know what the term "Waltzing Matilda" actually means - I learned from Rolf Harris. :)
62. Gone whale watching. - On a boat for the purpose, on a boat where the intention was to see birds, but there were plenty of whales too, and from the land.
63. Listened to Slim Dusty
64. Own five or more Australian movies or TV series
65. Sang along to Down Under
66. Have stopped specifically to look at a historic marker by the side of the road
67. Eaten a 4'n'20 pie
68. Surfed at Bondi
69. Watched the cricket on Boxing Day - I often SEE the cricket on TV, I'm not really WATCHING it though.
70. Visited Hobart
71. Eaten kangaroo - We have it often.
72. Seen a quokka
73. Visited Canberra
74. Visited rainforests - Temperate rainforest. It's on the itinery to get to the tropical stuff.
75. Used a Victa lawnmower
76. Travelled on a tram in Adelaide
78. Used a Hills hoist - Best clotheslines evar.
79. Visited the Olgas
80. Used native Australian plants in cooking
81. Visited the snow
82. Chosen a side in Holden VS Ford
83. Visited the desert
84. Been water skiing
85. Read The Phantom
86. Visited Parliament House
87. Gone spotlighting or pig-shooting - Spotlighting many times. No desire to go pig-shooting, although I don't disapprove of the activity, feral pigs are massively destructive.
88. Crossed the Nullarbor - In a car 3 times, about 3 times by bus and 5 or so times by plane (there and back)
89. Avoided swimming in areas because of crocodiles
90. Listened to AC/DC.
91. Called someone a dag
92. Voted in a Federal Election - Seeing as it's kinda compulsory here...
93. Have been swimming and stayed between the flags - Those flags NEVER offer enough space for everyone on the beach
94. Had a possum in your roof
95. Visited the outback
96. Travelled over corrugated roads. - At 80clicks, you glide over the tops...
97. Hit a kangaroo while driving - I've had a few close calls, but never hit one thank God. But knowing the places I want to drive I guess it's just a matter of time. :(
98. Been well outside any mobile phone coverage
99. Seen an emu. - YES! In the wild, loads of times, sometimes with little stripey chicks.
100. Have woken to the smell of bushfires